Mari Wells Coyle

Mari Wells Coyle
Mari Wells Coyle, Winemaker l photo by Freda Banks photography

Feels like Spring


First blooms

California native, Yarrow, is drought tolerant and creates beautiful living bouquets.
Back in California, with a bit of moisture behind us and warm sunny days, it is starting to sound like spring. The birds are singing, welcoming the morning, and night falls to the sound of a few lonely, yet ambitious frogs.  I've been waiting for spring. New growth of grapevine shoots,  delicious and tender herbs emerging, and the wines from fall's harvest that are bottled and ready to undergo their journey in the bottle.  I look forward to long productive days in the garden and taking my laptop outside to continue my writing under the stars. I enjoy the longer days to pull some weeds in the garden and have a glass of wine before sunset. Life eases into summer through spring.  I love the time with my family gathering at the outdoor table for dinner amidst football toss on the lawn, enjoying an outdoor shower after a bike ride, weekend evenings at the fire pit, and cooking garden to grill. I'm also excited to share some of my recipes and wine pairings that I've been developing.


What do you love about spring?
I love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment